1/10/2013

Bee-eaters

Or: still training my skills in drawing birds and still not succeding fully. I find it mesmerizing that, although I can see I get better and better in drawing in general, there is still so much to learn and so far to go.


It is awesome to be on this journey and being a student forever. There is always something to get better in, something to do different. A few years ago I kinda had that idea that someday you would 'arrive' somewhere where you know 'ok, that's it. I am there...'. But now I rather think that you will never have that moment as an artist or maybe I even hope it.

Btw. these are two bee-eaters. Some of the most colourful birds we have in Europe and I am very happy that I was able to observe them myself in Southern Germany close to the french border.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen